Terms & Conditions
Delivery & Returns
Privacy & Security for www.ecoegg.com.
At Ecoegg Ltd we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and users whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (Data Protection Legislation), we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain how Ecoegg Ltd collects personal data from you, why we collect it, how we process it and where we may disclose it to other entities.
Ecoegg Ltd is registered as a data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website atecoegg.com and information provided to our customer service team via phone call or email. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- If you telephone us, we may keep recordings of the call for training, fraud prevention, servicing your account and regulatory consent
- Details of transactions you carry out through the website and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- We may also receive your information from another organisation that you have consented for them to share your data
We also collect data because it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are set out below.
- Improving our service and our products
- Understanding our customers’ wishes and shopping preferences
- Direct Marketing
Privacy Notice UK Website
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies and other such software on our website contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system
- Your browser type
- The name of your internet service provider
- The date, time and duration of your visit
- The name and URL of pages you access
The purpose of this is for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This contains statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we use your information
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please call on 01622 535200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of your Personal Data
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates that ensure your data is encrypted when transmitted over the Internet. We have upgraded our site to ensure that all pages are secure in line with the latest best practise. When you are in the secure section of the site, a padlock symbol appears in your browser. In most web browsers this appears to the right or left of the address bar at the top depending upon the web browser you are using.
‘Verified by Visa’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ are additional security measures for customers using payment cards from Visa and MasterCard. We also provide the option for you to pay securely using Paypal. This allows you to confirm your identity before purchase as a protection from unauthorised use of your credit or debit card when shopping online. For more details, please visit Visa, MasterCard or Paypal online or contact your card issuer.
We strongly recommend to keep your password safe and not to divulge your password anyone else under any circumstances. Please remember to log out of your session at the end and to close down the session. This is especially important if you are using a shared computer in a internet café or library.
We hold a SSL certificate from Sectigo (formerly Comodo CA) which is a well-established and respected certification authority: https://sectigo.com/
Our payment page is hosted by leading payment providers PayPal and Stripe and we do not hold your card details on our servers. For more detail, please visit their websites at https://www.paypal.com/ and https://stripe.com/gb/
In addition to the information that we share in order to comply with our legal obligations, we also may share or disclose the information:
- To third parties that process data on our behalf
- To our trusted retail partners via data pooling
- To any other party with your prior consent
Data pools are groups of retailers who share information on what their customers buy. This pooled information is analysed to understand consumer’s wider buying patterns. From this information, customers are sent tailored communications containing suitable offers that should be of interest to them based on what they like to buy. We do not share email addresses for the purposes of data pooling.
How long we keep your data for
At Ecoegg Ltd we are fortunate to have loyal customers who purchase our products over many years. To serve our customers in the best possible manner and to continue to inform them about new products and service we have decided to retain customer data for 10 years after the last purchase date.
In the case of any request involving one of your rights, we will acknowledge your request within 48 hours and follow up with a more detailed response without delay and at most within one month of receipt of your request. We are permitted to extend this time period by up to two months if your request is particularly complex. Please email us at email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw from or amend the receipt of marketing communications. If you would like to do this please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 535200.
Opting out from Email, Trusted partners and Catalogues
If you wish to opt out from receiving email, telephone and postal communications from us or if you do not want us to share your Personal Data with any of our trusted partners then please use one of the methods listed below. You may choose to opt out at any time at your choosing and you can equally choose to change your mind and opt back in on any one of the preferences we present to you.
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to offer you the best possible experience when you shop with us. You can update your preferences via one of the following:
- Send an email titled ‘opt out’ to email@example.com and let us know which service you’d like to unsubscribe from – choose from catalogue, email and/or trusted partner sharing.
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email we send – only applies for our Ecoegg Ltd emails
- Call our customer service team on 01622 535200 – from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am-3.3pm on Fridays (except bank holidays, and between Christmas and New Year)
- Write a letter detailing your request and which activity you wish to opt out from to: Data Protection Officer, Ecoegg Ltd, The Hatchery, Steelfields, Owens Way, Gads Hill, Gillingham, ME7 2RT
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and address
Should you wish to correct any information or preference we currently have for you then you can use any of the relevant procedures as listed above to update us with your information or preferences at any time.
Accessing and Updating Your Data
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
– To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
– To compile anonymous aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and help us improve the structure of our website.
– We also allow selected third parties to place cookies when you visit our site. Third party cookies may be left by selected companies who participate with us in marketing programmes. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site and to also personalise advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/
Below are links to the companies that we currently allow trusted partner cookies on our website:
Google Analytics (for monitoring the overall site performance based on analysing visitor and transactional behaviour to ensure an efficient shopping experience): https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/#toc-analytics
Facebook (social media, visitor behaviour and advertising) https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation/
We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with relevant online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising or to submit a data subject request specific to these technologies, click here.
Disabling and Enabling Cookies
To withdraw your consent across all websites that you visit, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent websites from storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.